Let the wars begin on the BEST RATES from various airlines to "All the Islands…
Beginning October 15, 2020, a pre-travel testing option will allow travelers an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 14-day quarantine. For more information visit hawaiicovid19.com/travel and click here to register with the State of Hawaii Safe Travels online system. The state of Hawaii will ONLY accept test results from Trusted Testing and Travel Partners, click here for a full list. All incoming travelers are required to have their temperatures checked and complete a health questionnaire online before they can leave the airport.
Below we’ve provided answers to common FAQ’s, as well as helpful information and resources for current and future guests.
What Are the Guidelines for Hawaii’s Pre-Travel Testing Program?
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab.
- Travelers exempt for mandatory 14-day quarantine if testing negative no more than 72 hours in advance of travel.
- If results are not available by time of arrival, quarantine necessary until test results received.
- All travelers of all ages subject to pre-test requirement.
- Individuals responsible for testing costs.
- No commercial testing provided at Hawaii airports.
- The pre-test is one part of a multi-layered screening process which includes arrival temperature checks, completion of the State Travel and Health form, and secondary screening for those with symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 degrees or higher.
- Travelers without the pre-test will be in quarantine.
- Pre-travel testing protocols will be announced prior to the re-open date.
Please watch this short video to learn more about Hawaii’s
Safe Travels program and pre-travel testing requirements.
State of Hawaii Department of Health Travel Requirements Flowchart
What In-Flight / Pre-Arrival Information Should I Be Aware Of?
- 24 hours prior to departure, answer the health questionnaire on your Safe Travels account.
- While in flight and deplaning, travelers must follow the guidance of their air carrier regarding physical distancing, mask wearing and sanitation processes.
- All incoming Hawaii travelers will have their temperature checked upon arrival. Temperature scans will be taken via thermal temperature screening and facial-imaging technology.
- Should travelers have a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher, display COVID-19 symptoms, or provide answers on the online State Traveler Health Form requiring additional testing, they will be required to complete a secondary screening at the airport performed by trained health care staff.
- Beginning October 15, travelers who arrive without proof of a valid negative COVID-19 NAAT will be subject to the state’s strict 14-day mandatory selff quarantine.
What airlines understand the pre-travel testing requirements and are reliable sources of testing information and testing options?
- Alaska Airlines – alaskaair.com/content/next-level-care/hawaii
- American Airlines – aa.com/covid19testing
- Hawaiian Airlines – hawaiianairlines.com/covidtesting
- Southwest Airlines – southwest.com/coronavirus
- United Airlines – united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/what-to-expect.html
COVID-19 Recovery Level in Maui – What is Open and What Is Closed in Maui?
- The County of Maui is currently in the Recovery level. At this level, no quarantine is required for travelers with an approved negative test 72-hours prior to arrival.
- Residents should continue practicing good hygiene, maintain physical distance and avoid large gatherings at this level.•Face masks are required in public.
- Residents and visitors are free to leave home with added safety precautions at this level.
- High-risk individuals should continue to remain at home.
- Most business are allowed open.
- Gathering sizes are limited.
- The Island of Maui has been successful in its attempts to control the COVID-19 outbreak. However, the situation remains dynamic. Luxurious Destinations recommends connecting with Hawaii’s / Maui’s local resources to obtain the most recent information.
What Are Some Tips and/or Preventative Measures I Can Take While Traveling to Maui?
- We advise following the recommendations provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
How is Luxurious Destinations Cleaning and Sanitizing Its Privately Owned and Managed Residences?
- At Luxurious Destinations we remain diligent in our efforts to provide the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Our professional housekeeping staff are only permitted to use cleaners and disinfectants that meet EPA standards. All Luxurious Destinations cleaning products are included in the Environmental Protection Agency’s list of approved solutions.
- Our professional housekeepers are focused on devoting extra time to sanitizing commonly touched items and spaces, i.e. door handles, appliances, phones, remote controls, as recommended by the CDC guidelines on cleaning and disinfecting.
- All of our professional housekeepers are required to wear protective (PPE) gear to help prevent cross-contamination.